We’ve all been there. You get that feeling in your stomach, that knowing, the ringing in your ear. Whatever way spirit taps you to let you know, “Hey pay attention!”, we’ve all been there, we’ve all doubted it.
In the moment, it doesn’t always seem like that big of a deal. Yes, you knew what you should’ve done and for whatever reason, you talked yourself out of believing that you were receiving. And you did the forehead slap later on and said to yourself “I knew that! Why didn’t I listen?!”
What’s the harm in doubting our guidance?
- We reinforce limiting beliefs
- We hold ourselves back from living our purpose
- We limit our ability to help ourselves, let alone anyone else
- We muddy our connection to Source
- We are holding ourselves in a low vibration
- We put ourselves in bad situations
- We limit ourselves from trusting
Why do we doubt our guidance?
- We are letting other peoples opinions hold us back
- We let limiting old family beliefs take over our mind
- We don’t have a solid connection, so we don’t feel confident
- We don’t think we are worthy to be receiving it in the first place
- We haven’t learned to manage our energy and don’t receive the guidance clearly
How do you get past the doubt?
Well first, commit to a daily practice of connecting. For many, that may look like practicing breathing throughout the day.
I love the Five! Five deep breaths Five times a day. This does multiple things for you:
- It creates a habit of connecting throughout the day, this is how it becomes second nature
- It gives you multiple opportunities to refocus your attention and energy during the day
- You are relaxed, at least 5 times a day, this benefits your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health
- It gives you permission to pay attention to you!
Once you’ve shown yourself that the world won’t end if you give yourself a few moments, you can really dig in and create a more personal daily practice. For tips on how to do that, check out my free e-guided, Connecting to Your Higher Consciousness. You will find everything you need to not only set up a daily practice, but sustain a daily practice.
We came here to live life to our fullest and shine our lights. To shine the brightest we need to be plugged into Source. We can’t do that if we don’t give ourselves at least a little time every day.