We are all born still connected to our higher guidance. And most of us choose to forget this connection so we can get the full experience out of life, even thought it is always there with us.
We are spiritual beings having a physical experience. Many of us are stuck in limbo, not knowing how to merge the two and live in a place of wholeness. This is what we refer to as our spiritual journey, awakening, ascension. We have become aware of our spiritual selves, but don’t know just what to do with that awareness.
One of the first ways we start to become aware that we are more than just our human experiences, is our connection into All That Is. I had a great teacher that called it the World Wide Psychic Web. Our energy is tapping into this energy and we get glimpses of information, usually about other people. Why other people? Because we are raised in a society that places our focus outside of ourselves. If you are someone who is aware of you, then you may receive info about you in the beginning, but this is not common.
What are some of the ways we receive this information? Through our senses. Each physical sense has an energetic component to it that picks up on the subtle energy. We know these as the Clairs or ESP. Some examples are:
- Clairvoyance – our 3rd eye shows us what our physical eyes can’t see. You may see scenes playing in your head, get flashes of images or have vivid dreams.
- Claircognizance – you just know information. The answer you need pops into your head or the perfect thing to say or the solution needed.
- Clairaudience – this is our hearing. For most this is that voice inside our head that speaks in a different tone or manner than you do. It provides you with what you need to know and when.
You are probably recognizing those examples and how they have happened in your own personal life. For many it is people you know and you get that flash of information. You’ve had enough experience to know that you are receiving something that could be of value to them. But…. you don’t share it. You probably mention something after the fact that you had an idea, but you don’t share the info in the moment, or even a crumb of it to test the waters. You know you can help them, so why do you hold back?
If you are like many people, you were raised in a family that:
- Didn’t provide you with the support and validation you needed.
- Stressed your failures as a means of encouragement instead of your successes.
- Didn’t provide you with the means to build self confidence
- Had much self doubt themselves and passed it on to your
This caused many of us:
- To not speak up when we want to.
- Say things we don’t mean to fit in.
- Wait for others to go first so we can validate what we know to be true.
- Become submissive, people pleasers
Many of us have built a network of acquaintances, friends, coworkers and family members that we defer to because we don’t want to let them down or even worse have them reject us.
This is detrimental when it comes to our connection to our higher guidance.
Every time we stuff down what we know, every time we back away from an opportunity to share, every time we dismiss information, we are stifling our connection. And then when we really need it, when we are seeking comfort and guidance for ourselves, we can’t connect or we don’t trust.
How do you go from doubt to doing?
- Acknowledge. Even if you don’t say it out loud, acknowledge every time you receive information. This will strengthen you connection and your trust.
- If you want to go a step further, sit in silence with you, marinate in your own energy. It is that space within that connects you to All That Is. You can learn more about how to do that in my FREE e-guide, The Secret to Connecting to Your Higher Consciousness.
It may seem safe to not say anything, but we let ourselves down the most when we don’t trust in our guidance.